I thought I would fill you in on what's going to be happening this next week so that you can be praying. This Saturday, we will officially be hosting our first short term mission group! We are really excited but also kind of stressed because we still have so much to do before they get here. There are 25 people coming from Abilene Christian. I'll give you prayer requests by days. Sound good?
- Friday - The group heads out from Abilene. Pray for safe travel for everyone!
- Saturday - More safe travel prayers, please. Also pray for us as we get the last minute details taken care of. They should arrive in Morelia around 2 in the afternoon. We'll be taking them downtown once they get in and settled and then we are all having dinner at Sam and Ann's house.
- Sunday - Church in the morning and then we're all going to eat together afterwards (the church and the ACU group). After lunch, the ACU group is heading to the beach. I'm planning on going with them because they need a good guide, don't you think? : ) The church is going to pass out some flyers in the neighborhood in the afternoon. Pray that the fellowship time will be sweet for both the church and the group and for safe travel to the beach.
- Monday - At the beach. Once again, lift up all the preparations that are going on here in Morelia, especially on Monday and Tuesday.
- Tuesday - Back from the beach and possibly handing out more flyers, buying last minute supplies, etc.
- Wednesday - Friday - We are going to be renovating a park that is a couple of neighborhoods over from where we meet on Sundays. We will be working 9-2 and 4-7 Wednesday through Friday, picking up trash, painting lines on the basketball court, sandblasting graffiti (if we can find a sandblaster. Pray that we are able to, please!), repairing and repainting the playground equipment and putting in some plants. Please pray that everything goes well these days. Mainly, pray that the presence of the ACU group, working alongside nationals from our church, will shine God's light into this neighborhood. Pray that the people who live and work there will see something in us that will direct them to God. Pray for safety and health for everyone throughout these days.
- Saturday - We are hosting a kermés (a small carnival) at the park on Saturday, complete with bounce houses, hamburgers, hot dogs and games. We'll be handing out flyers and inviting anyone we can to this. We would love to see 200-300 people there. Please pray that people will come, even if it's just for the food or the games, and that when they get there, they will notice something different about the people running the entire event and that it will awaken a need in them to know more. We are praying for new people to show up at church the next day because they made a connection with someone at the park. We want and need God's presence there on Saturday because He is the only one who can change hearts.
Well, you've got a lot to pray for! I'll leave you to it. : ) Actually, I'm going to leave you with some cute pictures I took of Olivia González the other day. She's getting so big now! She'll be a year old in just a month and a half!! Enjoy the pics and THANK YOU for the prayers.
We think she looks like Boo from Monster's Inc. when Ann puts her hair up like this. What do you think? Isn't she adorable?

2 comments:
You're right, she does look like Boo. I am so excited about your park plan. What a blessing to the ACU students, the church and more importantly the neighborhood around that park. I can't wait to take the boys there to play.
Hey, I'm gonna throw out a crazy idea. Would there be something to do if we brought a group down for a week this summer? This is only in my head so who knows if it's even a possibility, but thought I'd see what you thought. Who knows?
Love you like crazy and can't wait to hear reports of your week. Your the best sister ever!!!!
I like Shel's idea! Can we come too?? We are praying from Africa! I know it will be such a wonderful, crazy, fun week!! Wish we were there to see it all!
love from mom and dad in Uganda
Post a Comment