Saturday, March 10, 2007

They're here!

The ACU group arrived safe and sound today around 5 p.m. after a much longer than anticipated trip that included three hour on the border, someone locked in a bathroom, a motor blow-out, a new rental van, and a trailer that wouldn't close properly causing some luggage to fall onto the road! But the Lord was gracious and they got all the luggage and made it here. And they are definitely excited about being here! We got to take them by the park tonight and they prayed over the place and can't wait to get started. We just have a little trip to the beach and then they can have at it!
Here are a couple of pictures from the meeting tonight, along with the picture of Saúl and his family that I promised you. Blogger is taking too long and I need to go to bed, but I promise that when we get back from the beach, I will upload some of the before shots from the park. The students have named this 'Extreme Makeover: Park Edition'. Stayed tuned throughout the week for some during and then after shots as well!
Keep praying!
Sam explaining the schedule

Jack Walker and a few others listening intently

(R to L) Saúl, Samara (6 years old, I think), Evelia, and Saulito

2 comments:

shell said...

so glad they're there, even after a very eventful trip. i am so anxious to hear how the week goes. know that we are praying for you. samuel loves the name of the project and so we're really looking forward to pics.

hope you're having fun at the beach!

love ya!!!

Anonymous said...

I also love the name of the EM Park Edition!! Very cool! Thanks for adding photos - got to see them tho on a dial up in Mozambique!! But will keep checking when I can. Hope the beach was fun but know the park project will be a blast!! Can't wait to see how God is going to bless that endeavor.

love and blessings,

mom and dad