Tuesday, March 13, 2007

We survived the beach!

While I don't actually have any pictures of the beach, I am living proof that somehow we were able to get through it. : ) Actually, we all had a great time and it was a good Sabbath to prepare for the days ahead. I do, however, have a couple of pictures from the first day of work (they started this afternoon instead of waiting until tomorrow) and from dinner tonight. Two of our cell groups hosted the dinner tonight at our house and they did a MAGNIFICENT job. They served roasted pork in an orange sauce, spaghetti with mushrooms and salad. The ACU group said it was the best meal they have had since arriving in Mexico and the love in which is was given made it even better. It was so amazing for me to see our church step up like that and serve those who have come here to serve them. It brought tears to me eyes on more than one occasion! Anyway, I have pictures from that. The group also starting cleaning up around the park today and were able to meet some of the neighbors and invite them to come help over the next couple of days and to come to the kermés on Saturday. Everyone, both in the church and in the group, is so excited about these next few days. I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store!! Oh, because college students these days are so technologically minded, they have started their own blog (evidently mine wasn't good enough!). : ) You can check out their thoughts and pictures throughout the week here.
Enjoy the pictures!

Here are some of the guys working very hard on one particular piece of ground. That's going to be one clean square inch when they are done! (Actually, they were just posing for me.) : )

ACUers and church people getting to know one another. What a blessing!

Half of the wonderful group that made and served dinner

The other half of the wonderful group that made and served dinner

1 comment:

shell said...

I WANT PICTURES!!!!!!!! I know you're busy but I have checked your blog and their blog 10 times today looking for pictures. I'm just so excited about what y'all are doing, I want to see it.

I love you!!!!!!!!