Sunday, January 20, 2008

New Office

We moved the church office this weekend. This will actually only be the second office that we've had, since we'd been in the first office for around four years now, I think! This new place kind of fell into our laps. The owners are neighbors of Sam and Ann and showed up one day asking if we were interested in looking at it. It's on the same street as where we meet on Sunday, just about two blocks down. The rent is cheaper than what we are paying now. And the best part is there is a large warehouse area in the back that we can use for kids classes on Sundays. I mentioned a few months back that we've been having around 20 kids on Sundays, which is a great thing, but the space that we are currently using doesn't lend itself very well to that many kids. Well, once we have the new office up and running, we can take the kids down there on Sundays and they can scream and shout and sing and jump around and not bother anyone! I think they are as excited about it as we are. : ) Here are a few pics of the new place, although they aren't the greatest. I promise to go down there this week and take some better ones (not that the photographer didn't do an amazing job, just that they don't capture how big the space is). We still have some work to do to get it ready, such as putting in tile and a couple of doors and painting, but it has great potential. Praise the Lord for answers to prayer!

This is standing at the door looking into the front of the office. Behind the wall on the right are two bathrooms and a washroom. The glass door in the middle opens into the warehouse space in the back. We are planning to tile the rest of this room, since it kind of stops half way right now, and also painting it, since this will be the first thing people see when they walk in.

Now we are standing close to the glass doors looking at the entrance. Once again, this will be our main office space.

This is the best picture I have of the warehouse space in the back, which is really sad because you can only see about a third of it! At least you can see how far back it goes. On the right is a kitchen (currently without a sink, but hopefully that will be fixed soon!).

This is one corner of the warehouse space. We are storing all of our kids material in this little area, in an effort to keep little hands out of it all. : )

Here are the guys installing the kitchen cabinets that we'd bought for the other office but fit wonderfully here!

Like I said, I promise to get better pictures this week. But I figure something is better than nothing, right?

No comments: