Monday, November 26, 2007

Prayer request and praise report

Just a quick prayer request and praise report to start off your morning. First, please be praying for Morelia, one of the ladies in our church, as she is having gall bladder surgery (I think that's what it is!) this morning, Nov. 27, at 8 a.m. It should be a fairly routine thing, but pray for her nerves and the Lord's protection over the whole process. I'll update you tomorrow whenever I get information on how everything went.
I just got the praise report in an e-mail from my mom. As most of you know, Richland Hills, our sponsoring congregation, takes an offering for missions once a year, known as Harvest Weekend. The money raised pays for our salaries and work funds here in Morelia, along with all the mission work that they are involved in throughout the world. The goal this year was $1.4 million. That's right, that's JUST FOR MISSIONS! Anyway, there is a new Harvest total as of today. $1,345,546 or 98% of the goal has been reached! Praise the LORD! He is so good to us all and he loves it when his people give to further his kingdom around the world. Thank you, Lord, for bringing in the Harvest. All glory and honor is yours.

No comments: