Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Catch up Post #1 - Los Azufres

I have so much to catch you all up on. I hope you have a blog reader that you use so that you haven't been checking back here every day looking for new updates! If you don't, you should get one. I use Google Reader. Check it out. It's really cool!
Anyway, back to catching you up. First, I want to let you know about a trip that our church made a few weeks ago to encourage some friends of ours who live about two hours from Morelia. Through a rather complicated set of events, Salvador and Stacey Torres, along with their four kids, live in Ciudad Hidalgo with Salvador's family. The way we got in touch with them is a pretty cool God story that I won't go into here. We try and go visit them as often as we can get away. This time, we invited the church and went to Los Azufres, which are hot springs right outside of Ciudad Hidalgo. Our other reason for going was to meet the newest member of the family, Ezequiel, who was born a couple of months ago. The church had taken up a contribution for the new baby around the end of September and we wanted to bless them with that. Overall, we had a wonderful day. Sam and the guys cooked some amazing steaks and we had fajitas. The kids all enjoyed playing together. I believe the Torres family was blessed by the time. Please pray for them. If you would like to know more about their situation, just let me know. Enjoy the pictures!

Olivia and Salvi

Stacey and the new baby, Ezequiel

Stacey and her sister-in-law, Brenda, talking with Ken and Eileen, a retired couple that live in Morelia and go to our church.

Victoria and Mariah, Stacey and Salvador's oldest

(L to R) Ceyli, a friend visiting from the States, Jeanine, our intern, Sam and Jeovel Sr.

José and Jeovelito playing in the water

The Torres family (Top row, L to R) Salvador, Stacey, Brenda (Salvador's sister) holding Ezequiel (Bottom row, L to R) Salvi, Luis, and Mariah

Cute baby Ezequiel!

No comments: