Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The blog I have been dreading to write

Have you ever had something hanging over your head that you knew you needed to do, but you just didn't want to? It's always the first thing that you put off, the thing you think you'll get to later. Well, this blgo entry is one of those things.
After much prayer and seeking wise counsel and more prayer, I've decided that's it's time for me to see what comes next in my life. Let me just start by saying this was definitely the hardest decision I've ever made in my life. As I prayed about what I should do, I felt my heart breaking in two. If I decided to stay here, part of my heart would be in Texas with my family and if I decided to move back, then part of my heart would stay with my family here in Morelia. I didn't see a solution that didn't leave me brokenhearted. But what I came to realize through it all is that God is in control, no matter what I decide. And his heart was broken for these people long before I arrived. This work has been, and always will be, his work, not my work. This is been an amazing six years here in Morelia and I wouldn't trade them for the world. The Lord has used this time to grow and mold me in so many ways! And I have loved seeing how the Lord has raised up an amazing, loving, growing church in this time despite my failings and weaknesses. He has been so good!
I actually made this decision many months ago and have spent most of this year preparing for my departure. Many of you who read this blog already knew about my decision, but, as I mentioned before, I've been putting off letting the world know. I am actually leaving on October 6th, in just ten days. I'm in the middle of packing up and selling off my stuff. My mom is here right now (praise the Lord!) helping me. My dad will drive down next week with a friend in the Honda Odyssey and we'll pack it all up and head out early Monday morning. I can't believe that it's already here. This year has flown by too fast, just as I feared it would!
I'm writing this post mainly to ask for your prayers.
  1. First off, please continue to lift up the Río de Vida church. I truly believe that this is a turning point for this church when the national leaders will step up even more than they have to really lead this church into a new phase. I can't wait to see what the future holds for this wonderful family! Pray for our cell groups, for our cell leaders, for new leaders and for a deep passion to proclaim the reign of God in Morelia.
  2. Secondly, please pray for Sam and Ann. There is no way for me to put into words how much I love the González family and how honored I've been to be a part of their family over the past seven and a half years. They are incredibly gifted, passionate people and it has been a privilege to work beside them. They are committed to helping this church grow into the church we've always envisioned it to be. Pray that the Lord gives them the strength and wisdom to move this church forward, along with the leaders that God has risen up here. Pray for them in their roles as parents, leaders, pastors, servants, teachers, spouses, and all the other roles that they fill.
  3. I also want to ask for special prayers for the González girls: Victoria, Sofía, Olivia, and Isabella. I have been blessed to be their "aunt" all these years and I love them dearly and I think they like me pretty well. : ) They've gone through a lot this past year and I think my departure is hitting them pretty hard. The last thing I want to do is hurt them! Pray that the Lord touches them in an extra special way through all of this.
  4. And lastly, I ask that you pray for my transition back to the States. I have some ideas about what I'm going to do once I get back but I would appreciate prayers for the Lord's guidance in any decisions that I make. Also, please pray for safe travel for my dad and Don on the way down and all for of us on the way back to Texas.
Thank you, once again, for all your prayes on behalf of the work here over the years. Sam and Ann will continue to keep this blog updated, so stayed tuned to hear about all the amazing things that the Lord is doing here in the beautiful city of Morelia.
Blessings,
Sara

3 comments:

Natalie said...

I'm sure that was a difficult decision to come to, but we will lift you up as you move back to the States. A teacher of Michael's says "Every decision involves loss...even good decisions." So, may you be comforted as you leave Mexico and encouraged to know that the church and community is still in God's hands. Keep us posted about next steps!

Phil / Sandy said...

We have empathy for the pain you fell leaving those you love. I know God will bless you as you continue to serve Him (as I know you will). Give hugs and a kiss to your Mom from me. Love you and see you in about 3 weeks. Sandy

Carolyn said...

Sara, I hope all goes well for you in this next chapter of life. Remember the truth that you have done a great work and the Kingdom has advanced in your own heart and in the heart of others here in Mexico.

All the best,
Carolyn