Wednesday, June 11, 2008

School Renovation

Yes, I know. It's been forever. I promise that the lack of blogging has not been because nothing has been going on around here. Just the opposite! We've been so busy with so many things that I haven't had time to blog about them all. I hope to get caught up eventually, but if you want to know what some of those things have been, you can check out Ann's blog.
I do want to tell you about last week, however. As many of you know, last year we renovated a park along with a group of college students from ACU in the area close to where we meet on Sundays. Well, this year, we decided to renovate a public school. Public schools in Mexico don't get much money from the government and the money that they do get isn't generally enough to keep the school looking nice. So, we prayed about it for a long time and the Lord lead us to a school that is just a few minutes away from where we meet on Sundays. When Sam first went to talk to the principal of the school about our idea, he found out that she is a Christian! She was more than willing to help in any way possible and even got permission from the school district for us to come in and work.
Southern Hills sent down another team to help us out with this project. This year, the team was made up of high school students and their parents, along with some other adult chaperons. It was a group of 20 who worked hard to get everything done that needed to get done. We also had several parents from the school show up to help with the painting. Our church here as well helped out, so it was truly a work done in community! The whole week was such a blessing.
I have so many more pictures to post, but I wanted to share the before and after pics with you so you can see all the work that was done. I promise to try and post more of the week this week some time when I get a spare moment or two. Hope you enjoy the slide show!

3 comments:

shell said...

When you guys do something -- you do it well! Kudos! Thanks for the pictures and praise God for all the relationships made in the process. He is definitely glorified!

Cary said...

Awesome. That church is going to have Morelia looking good in no time, and touch many lives in the process!

LST team to Morelia, MX 2010 said...

Loved looking at the photos of before and after - everyone did a great job.