Saturday, January 20, 2007

2007

Well, we as a team have spent the last few days looking at this new year and all that it has in store and it's going to be a busy year! I wanted to share some of our upcoming events with you so that you can be praying with us, because we all know that nothing will be done without the Lord's guidance and strength.
  • New Christians classes and Cell leader training classes starting up in February
  • Our first short team mission team will be a spring break campaign from Abilene Christian in March. They are going to help the church renovate a local park and put on a carnival type convivio for the neighborhood.
  • The multiplication of three of our cell groups by April, with the fourth one multiplying in November
  • Sam and Ann and family are going on furlough from mid-June through mid-August (Summer and I will definitely appreciate your prayers during this time!)
  • Our second short term team will be a Let's Start Talking (LST) group this summer, most likely while Sam and Ann are on furlough (LST is currently recruiting for this team . If you're interested in knowing more about this, leave me a comment!)
  • A marriage enrichment seminar sometime in the fall, to be used as an outreach to the community
  • Our annual church retreat, along with two other convivios and various other activities, some we probably haven't even thought of yet!

All of that to say, please pray for us and for this work!! We are excited to see how the Lord will grow and mature this church over the coming months. We are so privileged to be here and to be used by Him to proclaim his kingdom!

Blessings,

Sara

5 comments:

ThinkWells (formerly Impact Houston) said...

Its exciting to see the goals and expectations you have for this year. We will be praying for God's blessings on the team, your plans, and the growth of the church in Morelia.

Jill said...

I am glad you made it back safely with your new wheels! However, I don't feel like I got my visit out. Oh well! THanks for escorting me to the ice show. Maybe there will be more time, next time. I keep looking for the right moment to call.....

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sara,

Great to see the updated posting and some of the plans for the year. Exciting times are ahead!

love you bunches and bunches,

mom

shell said...

Sounds so exciting! My favorite is the park. I can't wait to hear how that goes. Sure do love you and miss you!!

Jill said...

Sara,
I tried to send you an email, but it came back to me undeliverable. Has your email address changed?