This is just a short note to ask for prayer cover for this weekend. We are having our annual church retreat Friday, Sept. 29 through Sunday, October 1. Please be in prayer for this time. The theme this year is 'Caminando en La Fe' (Walking in Faith), based out of Ephesians. We've had to change speakers three times already because of scheduling conflicts and I must admit that I'm a little scared to mention who we currently have for fear that it will change again before Friday! Actually, the way we met our current speaker is totally a God thing. His name is Jon Syrbe and he is only here in Morelia for two weeks teaching seminars in public schools on the value of life. He has an amazing testimony of what God has done and is doing in his life and we are excited about the entire church getting to hear him. I would explain to you how we met him, but I'm not even sure how the story goes. I'll get the full explanation this weekend, I promise.
Also, there are a couple of people who have expressed interest in getting baptized this weekend at the retreat. Please pray that the Lord takes away whatever obstacle the enemy may put in the way and that we will be able to rejoice together in the new births the Lord is bringing about. As you're praying, also ask for no rain and good weather the entire time. And pray for all of the participants. Pray that the Lord will use this time to touch their hearts and draw them closer to Him. We are so thankful to have the opportunity to spend this weekend together and are excited about what God has in store.
Thanks again for your prayers!!
Monday, September 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You're right! I thought the Moores were coming for the retreat? This sounds like good though. Will be praying for all the things mentioned!!
love you,
mom
Post a Comment