Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Song Workshop in Mexico City

We went to the third annual song workshop among the churches of Christ this past weekend in Mexico City. This is a time of fellowship and to teach and learn new songs so that we are ever increasing our ways to praise God as a church. The last two years, Billy and Belinda Moore have hosted the seminar at the Pink House but the venue was changed this year to the church building of the church of Christ close to downtown Mexico City. The turnout wasn't as big as it has been in years past, but we all had a really good time. We took three singers and their families and taught five songs. Two other churches in Mexico City (Benito Juarez and Tlalpan) also taught five songs. Along with the workshop on Saturday, we also recorded the songs we were teaching on Friday afternoon and will have CDs made to send out to all of the churches, just to make it even easier to learn and remember the new songs. It was so fun getting to hang out with the other missionaries and to be in the big city for a couple of days (I know, I'm crazy, but I love big cities!). We look forward to continuing this tradition in the future.
We currently have no photos of the event because the camera we used is still in Mexico City, but I hope you enjoy the video! It's my first. Let me know what you think. And keep praying for the Encounter Retreat! As of right now, everyone who has been invited is planning to go. Pray that it stays that way!!

2 comments:

Phil / Sandy said...

Very nice. Enjoyed the video very much.

Ron and Marilyn said...

I think this tradition you guys are building with the other churches is GREAT! The recording and publishing of CDs from the gatherings is a super idea. I hope they can be widely distributed. The unity and fellowship that can come from this endeavor are worth the trouble. I love big cities, too. Hmmmm?

- - Ron