Well, we had a great weekend, thanks to all your prayers. There ended up being about 50 in attendence, but we had a great time! Jon did a fantastic job. You can read more about his testimony and ministry at Bridgestones Int'l. We also had fun playing games and swimming and enjoying and participating in the talent night on Saturday. But the best part of the entire weekend was Morelia's baptism on Sunday. That's right!! For all of you who have been praying for her for so long now, Morelia put the Lord on in baptism on Sunday, a day after her earthly birthday. For those of you who are very confused right now as to how we were able to baptize our entire city with just one person, let me clear things up by saying that Morelia is a lady who was born in this city and named after it. Sam likes to say that we all began praying for the city of Morelia 5-6 years ago, but we had no idea that we were also praying blessings for this very special person. She and all of her family are very near and dear to our hearts and we are delighted that she has taken the step to put her past behind her and move forward with Christ as her guide. Please continue to pray for her entire family: husband Miguel, children Chema, Coco, and Montse, and granddaughter, Fernanda (Coco's daughter). And while you're praying, thank the Lord for this amazing church that He is raising up here in the city of Morelia. It is an amazing thing to see and be a part of!
I'll leave you with some pictures of the weekend. Enjoy!

3 of our 4 amazing childrens teachers! Allie, Stephanie, Ivan and Ingrid (not pictured) came up from Lázaro Cárdenas to help us out and teach the kids for the weekend. They were such a blessing to us and the kids loved them!! Thanks again, guys!

Adorable Olivia! I know this picture is a little blurry but it was too cute to pass up. She's 5 months old now and growing like a weed.






3 comments:
I can't believe I'm commenting before Mom. :) The weekend sounds like so much fun. It is always incredible for me to see pics of the entire church -- what a blessing to all be together for the weekend. And PTL for Morelia!!!!!!!!! I cannot put enough exclamation points on that one. That is sooo awesome! 1 down, 5 to go. That entire family will be in the Kingdom soon -- I believe it!
I love you sweet sister and again, I am so proud of you!!!
I know, I know - I'm late in commenting!! But I did hear first about Morelia!! Well, after everyone in Mexico, anyway. We are so very thrilled that she finally took that step that we had been praying for!! I am so proud of her and love her so very much and all of her family, too! Thanks for all the great photos but did not see even one of Sara!!
love you,
mom
How sweet it is! God bless Morelia (the new Christian) and the Morelia Mission Team
Post a Comment