Thursday, April 13, 2006

Cell group

I wanted to thank you all for your prayers for Summer and I as we've been trying to figure out what do about our cell group. As you may or may not know, our cell group basically closed down about a month ago because Blanca was no longer able to open her apartment on a weekly basis. Since then, we've been in prayer about what to do next. Well, we feel the Lord has answered that prayer in an exciting way! Starting April 23rd, Summer and I will be leading a new cell group specifically for high school and college students, as well as young professionals. We already have two young people in our church, Leo and Amy, who have agreed to help us with this new cell as apprentices, with the vision of them having their own cell in the future. Amy has also offered to open her home to the cell group on Sunday nights! The four of us are really excited about the possibilities for this new cell and envision it needing to multiply soon because we have so many people we want to invite. Please join us in prayer as the 23rd approaches! Here are some specific prayer requests:
  • Pray for the people we will be inviting to come that first week. Pray that the Lord will arrange their schedule in such a way that they won't want or need to be anywhere else.
  • Pray that the Lord will fill these kids (and Summer and I!) with a passion for him and for the lost in Morelia.
  • Pray that this will be the beginning of a radical transformation in the lives of thousands of young people in this city and that they will proclaim the kingdom of God in a mighty, powerful way not only in Morelia, but also throughout Mexico and the world!

2 comments:

shell said...

How exciting!!! And no kids' classes. :) Seriously, that sounds totally right -- exactly what y'all should be doing.

Enjoyed chatting today!
love ya,
shell

ThinkWells (formerly Impact Houston) said...

All I can say is Wow! I can't think of a more positive and dynamic direction for you to be taking. We are very excited for you.
We'll keep it all in our prayers,
Steven