We decided that the theme for March is visitors, visitors, and more visitors!! I would have to say that my favorite event in the past month has been my mom’s visit. Not only did she come, but she also brought two of her sisters with her! It was so neat to be able to show Donna and Brenda around Morelia and introduce them to my family here. The church is always encouraged by my mom’s visits. She is greatly loved here (just as she is loved in so many places around the world!!). We had a great week of sightseeing and hanging out together. Here’s the four of us in my house. Can you see the family resemblance? : )This week we are blessed with the presence of two very dear friends, Diana Davis and Brad Taylor, as well as Ann Gonzalez’s parents and one of her uncles. They’ve already had a busy time here since their arrival over the weekend and it doesn’t look to slow down any! Some of them headed out this morning for a hike up one of the mountains outside of town. The rest of us will meet them for a late lunch. It’s really neat to be close enough to home that people can come and visit. You’re all invited!
Over the weekend, the church was immensely blessed through Raúl and Kim Solis. The Solises work in Toluca for the largest church of Christ in Mexico. They came into town to teach a class on evangelism. We really wanted some practical tools that we could give to the church on how to reach out to others and tell them about Jesus. Raúl and Kim did just that! They walked us through four lessons about the good news that God has for all mankind, giving us helpful hints and stories along the way to make it sink in even more. The people who came really enjoyed the lessons and look forward to being able to put them into practice. Raúl preached on evangelism on Sunday as well, encouraging all of us to stay focused on our main goal of saving lost souls.
That’s all I have time for right now, although I am going to include some prayer requests. Please be in prayer for Summer and my cell group at Blanca’s apartment. Blanca has been going through some major financial stress lately and as a result of that, had to take a job that won’t allow us to have cell group there. We are really at a loss as to what to do because we don’t have anyone else in those apartments that can offer their place but we also don’t want to lose all the connections we’ve made there over the past year and a half. Pray that the Lord will show us his wisdom in where we need to go from here.
Also pray for the church members who attended the seminar this weekend. Pray that they will be able to share these lessons with people they know and begin to see firsthand the blessing it is to share the good news with others.
Thank you so much for all your prayers on our behalf and on behalf of the church here in Morelia. You are our sustaining force!
Sara

4 comments:
I love it when you update your blog! Esp when you say some really sweet things about your mom!! Loved seeing Kim and Raul too.
I miss you already!
Your mom
Ditto... I even looked back at some of your past blogs, now that I recognize people there. I'm looking forward to hearing more about what's going on in your little town of Morelia.
love you,
donna
Hey,
Thanks for the update. I was excited to hear about the seminar. Keep us posted about how the material is used.
Great retreats and seminars, and even meetings can come and go, but unless there is follow up and direction, the good material recieved will be wasted. I remember that happening there, but the way that happens here is strikingly more dramatic. Take what good comes your way and devour it, suck up every last drop, and let it nourish you. The "alimentacion" that God brings, when received, will produce good fruit.
Can you tell I'm excited for the possibilities?
God's blessings on the way you share the gospel there.
Steven
How wonderful! I hope you are doing well down there, and trust that you are. I'm making tentative plans to come visit in the earliest part of June (with my two daughters), but will let you know more later. Blessings.
In Him,
Ted O. Wininger
Post a Comment