Monday, October 03, 2005

Friend's Day

Hey, all! I just wanted to give you a quick update on this past Sunday, our first ever Friend's Day. It was definitely a huge success! We had 49 people, including kids, and at least 14 of those were first time visitors. We had coffee and donuts before hand and then had a good time singing and worshipping together. Sam started a series on life after death, focusing mainly on the fact that this life is not the end, but merely a preparation for what is to come. Many people stayed around afterwards and talked for quite some time. We also had Larisa in attendance for the first time in quite some time. She is doing well, feeling stronger every day. We continue to pray for her complete healing and ask that you join us in that!
Summer and I officially have the kitchen unpacked and the dining room painted. We decided to tackle one room at a time. Next is the entry way and then on to the living room and then we'll see where we go from there. The most exciting thing that happened today was that the cable guy came by and we are up and running again with full internet access. It was a hard four days! I was going through major withdrawal. Thankfully, Summer and I were able to take a break from moving and painting and we went to Mexico City Friday and Saturday. It was a much needed get-away!
I need to head to bed, so I'll let you go. Have a great day!
Sara

2 comments:

ThinkWells (formerly Impact Houston) said...

Hey,
Let us know who some of the Friends Day visitors were so we can pray for them. Also would like to hear more about how the different cells are going. How are Aldo and Sandy doing? Jose Luis and Adriana and Rosita? the Tuesday night group? Sam and Ann's Wed. group? etc.

Ron and Marilyn said...

Hey, glad you have internet again! I know how it feels as we've been w/o for 5 days! boo! We are definitely computer dependent!

love you,

mom