Well, I officially made it back to Morelia after about a week and a half in the States. I was able to see quite a few people and spread the word a little about this blog, so hopefully we'll get a few more hits. : ) Props to Summer for updating the blog while I was gone. She even included pictures and everything! I got to experience three of the greatest feelings in the world while I was home, which were (in no particular order):
1. having my 18 month old nephew, Jeremiah, start saying my name and choose me over his dad
2. eating cheese pizza in the cafeteria with my 5 year old nephew, Samuel, who started kindergarten about a month ago
3. speeding up to get on the freeway in my dad's Mazda Miata (gotta love roadsters!!)
Things have been fast and furious since I got home, mainly with plans for the convivio on Saturday. Please pray!! We are praying and planning for 100 people, including kids. Here are some prayer requests for that:
1. Lift up the people who have been invited to the convivio. Pray that the Lord will change their schedules and plans around so that there will be no obstacles to them coming on Saturday.
2. Pray for the presence of the Lord there among us while we are playing games and eating and getting to know one another. Pray that the visitors who are there will see what real Christian community should look like.
3. Pray for NO RAIN!! We are in the middle of rainy season, but have planned a outdoor/indoor event. We would really like to use the outside space where we will be for games and that sort of thing.
Evidently, I'm in list mode today. Anyway, that's all for now. I don't have any more pictures to post from here because I haven't taken any since I got back. I'll definitely post some on Saturday or Sunday of the convivio. Thanks for your prayers!!!
Sara
Wednesday, September 14, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Glad you're back, Sara. We will be praying for you as you settle into a new apartment. We will be also be praying for a successful Convivio. Saludos a todos.
Tomorrow we plan on sending photos of the newest Wells. We take Ami in at 8:00, the c-section is scheduled for 10:00am, and if God allows all to go well, we will have beautiful baby pictures to send out to everyone.
Bendiciones,
Steven
Steven,
We can't wait to see pics of the newest member of the Wells family! You are in our prayers. We love you guys!
Sara
Hey, I finally made it to the Team Mexico blog...how do you say blog in Spanish? Trying to imagine in French and I have no idea how they say it (in Aja, most people don't even know what a computer is, much less how the internet and blogging thing works). Good to see pictures of everyone...and get a better view in my mind of Morelia!
Randy,
Like many things in this country just south of the US, you'd just say the english word with a spanish accent, much like scanner (spelled and pronounced escaner in spanish. I'd do that phonetic thing like you do, but I don't know how) and DVD (pronounced with their alphabet). Being so close to an english-speaking country can sometimes have its advantages! : ) Glad you liked the blog. I read your all the time.
God bless,
Sara
Post a Comment