Tuesday, August 16, 2005

¡Hola de Morelia!

Hello, friends!
Well, I'm going to try this whole blogging thing and see if I can be more consistent with this than I have been about sending out e-mail updates. I plan to post prayer requests, news about recent events here and maybe even profiles about some of our members here so you can put faces with names when you are praying for them, so check back often to keep updated (but not too often so that you get frustrated because I'm not updating every day!).
For those of you who don't know anything about who we are or what we are doing, let me give you an overview. My name is Sara Holland and I am a member of a team of missionaries working in Morelia, Michoacán, Mexico. My fellow team members are:
Sam and Ann González and their two girls, Victoria (6) and Sofía (3)

Summer Powell
(Summer is on the left and I'm standing next to her. The other two girls are friends of ours, Deysy (pronounced Daisy) and Mandy, who's from Chicago and was just visiting for a couple of days)
We've been here for almost three years now and have watched as God has started the Iglesia de Cristo Río de Vida (River of Life church of Christ) before our very eyes. We currently have three cells groups meeting in homes across the city, with another one starting the beginning of September. Our goal/dream is to have between six and eight cell groups by the end of the year. We would greatly appreciate your prayers towards that goal. We are keenly aware that the real battle is done on our knees and the more people that we have battling with us, the better. The Lord is moving in some amazing ways around us and we are just along for the ride!
The latest news is an update on one of our members, Larisa.
She is the one with the neck brace on. This is a picture from when her daughter's boyfriend, Norberto, was baptized a couple of months ago. Anyway, she was in a car accident about a year ago and severely damaged her spinal cord. She's been waiting for an operation for about that long that will hopefully allow her to move freely again without needing the neck brace or the wrist brace she sometimes wears. It's been a VERY long process, but she finally had her surgery today in Mexico City! Praise the Lord! We got a call from her oldest daughter, Amy (far left in the picture), that she had made it through the surgery well and was recovering. The doctors were very optimistic about everything that happened. Please continue to pray for her quick and miraculous recovery and that she can be back here again soon praising Jehovah Rapha, the God who heals.
Well, I think that's enough for my first post. Thanks for the time and the prayers and thoughts! Next time you're in Morelia, look us up. We love visitors!
Sara Holland
on behalf of Team Mexico

3 comments:

Steve Coan said...

Luv the blog! You go girl!

ThinkWells (formerly Impact Houston) said...

This is wonderful! What a great way to stay current on what's happening and what needs to be prayed for! Keep it up and keep posting fotos. Dios te bendiga.
Steven

Anonymous said...

I love "happenings in Morelia". What a wonderful way to keep connected.